All our professionals at The Foot Clinic maintain the highest levels of accreditation and pursue ongoing education to stay abreast of the latest trends in podiatry.
Jon B. Purdy, D.P.M., A.A.C.F.A.S.
7/1/99 – 6/30/02
Mt. Sinai Hospital
California Ave. at 15th St. , Chicago , IL 60608-1797
Director: Darrell Latva, D.P.M.
Chief of Surgery: Joseph LoCicero, MD
- Three year podiatric surgical residency program at Mt. Sinai Hospital, Chicago
- Extensive training in all aspects of foot and ankle surgery including; elective foot and ankle surgery, reconstructive surgery, diabetic limb salvage, foot and ankle trauma, and external fixation techniques.
- Expanded surgical training in rotations to include; Vascular Surgery, Orthopedic Surgery, and General Surgery
- Comprehensive clinical training at both hospital based and private practice settings.
- Thirty four weeks of rotations to include; Internal Medicine, Pathology, Dermatology, Infectious Disease, Emergency Medicine, Anesthesiology, Radiology, and Neurology
- 7/1/99 – 6/30/02
Podiatric Medical Education
Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine
1001 N. Dearborn Ave, Chicago, IL 60610
- Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine
University of Toledo
2801 W. Bancroft St. , Toledo , OH 43606
- University of Toledo
Podiatric Physician and Surgeon, State of Delaware, 06/2003 – 06/2004
License # E1-0000166
Podiatric Physician and Surgeon, State of Illinois,
01/2003 – 01/2005
License Number: 016-004986
Podiatric Physician and Surgeon, State of Tennessee, 08/2002 – 05/2005
License # 594 expires 5/31/05
Podiatric Physician and Surgeon, State of Louisiana, 01/2004 – 05/2004
License # PD323R
- Podiatric Physician and Surgeon, State of Delaware, 06/2003 – 06/2004
- Certified in the treatment of chronic proximal plantar fasciitis using OssaTron ™ orthotrypsy, May 31, 2003
- Board Qualified in foot surgery by the American Board of Podiatric Surgery, August 1, 2002 - 2008
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support - American Red Cross, 2002 – Present
Basic Life Support - American Red Cross, 2000 – Present
- Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine – Class President, 1998
- Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine – Class Vice President, 1997
- Student Chapter of the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons – Vice President, 1997
- Illinois Podiatric Medical Student’s Society - Parliamentarian, 1996
- APMA National Conference: August 2003; Washington , DC
- Midwest Podiatry Conference: March 2002; Chicago , IL - presenter
- Arthroscopy Society of North America : April 2001; Seattle , WA
- Midwest Podiatry Conference: March 2001; Chicago , IL
- American Orthopedic Foot and Ankle Society: Sports Medicine Conference; February 2001, Palm Springs, CA
Symposium on Contemporary Podiatric Medicine and Surgery:
January 2000; Chicago , IL
- American Orthopedic Foot and Ankle Society: Foot and ankle Trauma, September 2000; Chicago , IL
- Midwest Podiatry Conference: March 2000; Chicago , IL
For ten years, Dr. Jonathan Purdy has served as a podiatrist in the small town of New Iberia. He has been rewarded by seeing the impact he makes in people's lives. He is frequently involved in the community and gets to hear stories from previous patients of how he's helped them return to their normal activities, pain free. Dr. Purdy's most treasured moments are spent with the light of his life, his daughter, Jenna. In his spare time, Dr. Purdy also enjoys woodworking, one of his favorite hobbies. His greatest projects are those made for Jenna.
There's nothing more satisfying than watching her enjoy the projects they have built together.